Reporting to the Outreach department, the Research & Outreach Assistant will be responsible for acquiring relevant contacts (mainly professors or academics), introducing them to the Ummatics Institute, and inviting them to participate in relevant Ummatics programs. The Research & Outreach Assistant is essential to the advancement of Ummatics’ marketing and outreach strategy that will help cultivate a bigger and more diverse audience. The Research and Outreach Assistant is self-motivated and highly organized and a good communicator who aligns with Ummatics’ mission, vision, and values. This position is on a volunteer basis, however, an honorarium will be provided at the end of each month with a possibility of employment in future positions and projects.
The Research and Outreach Assistant will have the opportunity to interact with leading academics in the social sciences. Aspiring academics are especially encouraged to apply.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s in a social science or relevant experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Multilingual applicants preferred
- Excellent research skills
- Relevant experience preferred
- Experience with customer relations management (CRM) software is a plus
- Outreach to relevant academics, schedule, and conduct online meetings with them, provide them with a short presentation about the institute and report outcomes
- Help identify potential academics of interest through research
- Develop our academic contacts list by research interests and other criteria
- Attend weekly meetings and update key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Other relevant tasks related to research