The Ummatics Institute is seeking a Marketing Assistant – Graphic Designer. This role is essential to building Ummatics’ visual marketing engagement strategy with globalized Muslims. With guidance and supervision, the Marketing Assistant – Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing and curating graphics to convey and disseminate core ideas from Ummatics’ publications and presentations. The approximate time commitment of this role is approximately 5 hours per week.
The Marketing Assistant – Graphic Designer is a creative, self-motivated, highly organized and a good communicator who aligns with Ummatics’ mission, vision, and values. This position is on a volunteer basis, however, an honorarium will be provided at the end of each month with a possibility of employment in future positions and projects.
- Minimum of entry-level graphic design experience, educational background in visual arts/graphic design, or a combination of both
- Creative and critical thinker with the ability to design visuals that match Ummatics’ marketing objectives, tone, and key messaging
- Ability to distill academic ideas (with guidance from marketing director) and translate them into accessible and engaging visuals
- Design quality and engaging graphics that consistently match Ummatics’ needs, tone and brand
- Submit visuals for feedback and approval
- Collaborate with Ummatics marketing director to execute visual marketing strategy