The Ummatics Institute is seeking a Marketing & Technology Assistant – Website to assist with the ongoing maintenance of the Ummatics website. Reporting to the Marketing Operations Manager and Technical Support Specialist, the Marketing & Technology Assistant – Website will be responsible for keeping the Ummatics website up-to-date, creating landing pages for forthcoming reports and events, enhancing website functionality and features, creating an overall better user experience for visitors, and troubleshooting any website issues.
We are specifically seeking an individual who has experience with website development and is intrinsically motivated by and wants to contribute to Ummatics’ mission, vision, and values. Therefore, this position is primarily on a volunteer basis. However, an honorarium will be provided at the end of each month with a possibility of employment in future positions and projects. The time commitment for this position is approximately 5 hours per week.
- Reliable with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with website development
- Experience with WordPress
- Knowledge of a Muslim world language such as Arabic, Urdu, Turkish, and/or Malay is a plus, as Ummatics intends to begin translation of its content in 2023
- Routinely reviewing website for any available software/plug-in updates
- Designing landing pages/templates for publications and events
- Routinely reviewing website for opportunities of improvement/enhancement
- Troubleshooting any website issues
- Attending brief weekly check-in with Marketing Operations Manager and regularly
checking off tasks as assigned on Asana (Ummatics’ project management software)
- Other relevant tasks related to website